NAELA Virtual Meeting Code of Conduct
NAELA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and NAELA staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NAELA staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all NAELA meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than NAELA but held in conjunction with NAELA events, on public or private platforms.
Participants shall conduct themselves in a professional manner, including by treating all other participants with respect. Participants shall avoid all forms of Unacceptable Behavior as defined in this Policy.
Unacceptable behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, including sexual harassment.
- Verbal abuse.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations.
- Disruption of presenters during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by NAELA throughout the virtual meeting.
In addition to avoiding Unacceptable Behavior:
- All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any NALA virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. NAELA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
Participants shall not record, copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
NAELA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of Unacceptable Behavior or other violation of this Policy, and NAELA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
Reports of violations of this Policy should be made to NAELA staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.